Monday, September 27, 2010

Pottery Jeito

I recently read Eat, Pray, Love.   There's a part in the book where the author muses over what single word would describe a city, herself, a friend etc.   Keeping with that theme, there's a Portuguese word I've loved since 1979 when I lived in Brazil called  JEITO.  It's difficult to capture the full meaning of the word in English (which is part of why I love the word) but it means something or somebody that has a "way about them" that just flows, that mystifies, that creates magic, that comes easily, that others want.   So I dedicate my word JEITO to Asheville KPhillip's pottery whose work I've sought for my Gallery since I opened.  I am in love with his pottery and he is one nice fellow with a lovely family.   His background and love of printmaking shows through in his unique pottery. 
Garlic Keeper




1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable - these are fabulous - can't wait to see them in person. LOVE these!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete