Friday, June 4, 2010

Staying Present

Staying Present means so much to me this year.  It's about continuing with my effort to make a living at my own Gallery rather than travel to craft shows.  It's about staying in the moment so that my mind doesn't get carried into areas of fear, judgement, or worry.  It means continuing to be a parent when times are tough.  It means continuing to grow in my relationship as a daughter and as a daughter caring for a mother.  It means showing up if I'm trying to actualize my visions.  It means appreciating things right now rather than when this, that , or the other is done.    For me, at this midlife point, life has condensed into two significant (to me) steps.  Staying Present was the first step that's taken every ounce of my focus these past couple of years to recognize how far I've come and how far I have yet to go.  Now I'm on to step two...transforming what isn't great about my present into peace.  

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called children of God" Matthew 5:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment